Flacon : Extract Individual Tracks from Audio CD images
Today we’re introducing to you free and open source app based-on Qt called flacon. this app ability to extract individual tracks from audio CD large or audio file containing the entire album of music, such as WavPack, APE, FLAC, WAV or True Audio, based on the information provided in the CUE file.
Flacon provide output format-specific settings, you can acces it from menu setting – preferences , in there you can assign the output quality, compression, bitrate as well as ReplayGain, either per album or per track. Moreover, Flacon also have ability to tag the resulting tracks, either based on the information provided in the CUE file or manually.
Here’s the hightlight of Flacon:
- Supports the following input formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, WavPack, True Audio (TTA).
- Supported output formats: LAC, WAV, WavPack, AAC, OGG, MP3 and Opus (with the latest Flacon 1.2.0) with preset and quality settings, etc.;
- Replay Gain analysis (album-gain and track-gain modes);
- Multi-threaded conversion process;
- Automatic character set detection for CUE files;
- Automatically tag resulting track files;
- Generation of the pertrack CUE file in the output dir
How to install Flacon ini Ubuntu and Derivatives
Currently, flacon available in version 1.2.0. support for Qt5 and Opus output files . In order to install flacon in Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.10, Ubuntu 14.04, Linux Mint, Elementary OS and Ubuntu Derivatives you will have to add the official Flacon PPA to the ubuntu system and install application. Just open a terminal, copy and paste the following commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:flacon/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flacon
Once installed, you can launch flacon app from unity dash by typing “flacon”. More information about flacon you can refer to official flacon website