New LibreOffice 3.4.5 Final has been released – Upgrade/Install Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final via PPA
A few days ago, exactly on 16 january 2012 Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final has been released. This update fixes many bugs and improve stability on the Linux system, including Ubuntu and other operating systems like Windows and MacOS. And if you’re wondering how to update or upgrade Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final at Ubuntu 11.10. You can follow the guide upgrade/Install Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final via PPA in below.
What’s New Features of LibreOffice 3.4.5 Final:
- Named range as data source: With 3.4 it is now possible to use a named range as the data source for DataPilot.
- Text Rendering: Linux text-rendering improvements. Text is now drawn via Cairo with the same subpixeling options as other Cairo-using apps. The outcome is that text in LibreOffice is rendered the same as the rest of your desktop.
- Fonts which are tuned for use with a specific script, e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, Malayalam, etc. now show an additional preview of some sample text in the target script. (Caolán McNamara, Red Hat, Inc.)
- Redesigned Move/Copy Sheet dialog (Edit->Sheet->Move/Copy) to improve its ergonomics. (Joost Eekhoorn, Christoph Noack)
- Improve HTML export with an image thumbnail gallery of the slides on the contents page. (Julien Nabet, Michael Meeks).
- Color Charts: Adding and Removing color charts is now possible from: Tools->Options->Charts->Default Colors (Rob Snelders).
For more detailed information about this update, please see here
How to Upgrade/Install Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final via PPA
A quick update for Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot users, the Ltest LibreOffice 3.4.5 is available in ppa:libreoffice/ppa
Upgrade Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final via PPA
if you have install any previous version of LibreOffice on ubuntu before this release, you can upgrade it to LibreOffice 3.4.5 final trough following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Install Libreoffice 3.4.5 Final via PPA
if on your ubuntu 11.10 not yet installed libreoffice, Install new LibreOffice 3.4.5 final using the following command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install LibreOffice
Download LibreOffice 3.4.5 final Direcly from the official website libreoffice
If you are not Ubuntu user, you can download and install LibreOffice 3.4.5 directly form Here