Xtreme Download Manager Updated with New UI
Xtreme Download Manager known (also called Xdm or XDMAN), is free and open source download manager based on java and support for major operating system including Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. It can easily integrated with major web browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, IE etc – So, if you download any file from your web browser, Xdman will automatically launch and download your file.
Subhra Das Gupta as main developer was updated the Xtreme Download Mananger to version 5.0.4 and completely change look and feel this application, like move top menu to right, brings new icon and it now moved into left bottom, flat design, redesigned color scheme with black and blue, change the title of this application to XDM 2015.
You can see the different between the old and new Xtreme download manager on the following screenshots in below:
Here’s the main features of Xtreme Download Manager (XDM) :
- Download files at maximum possible speed. (5-6 times faster, depends on connection)
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP protocols with Authentication, Proxy Servers, Cookies, Redirection etc.
- Pause/resume broken/dead downloads caused by connection problem, power failure or session expiration.
- Sophisticated dynamic file segmentation algorithm,data compression & connection reuse.
- Download FLV, MP4, HTML5 videos from around the web.
- Capture download from any browser (Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera,Safari or any other program trying to download a file from Internet)
- Built in video downloader, HTTP Traffic monitor, Batch downloader.
- Can be configured to perform Automatic Antivirus checking, system shutdown feature on download completion.
- Runs on Major O.S with Java SE 6 or greater.
How to Install Xtreme Download Manager in Ubuntu, Linux and Derivatives
There are 2 method to installing Xtreme Download Manager in Ubuntu 12.04/14.04/14.10/15.04/15.10, Linux mint, elementary os and derivatives. First method, direct download from official download page of XDM, Second method – by adding the ppa by Noobslabs (ppa:noobslab/apps) then install xdman
Method 1 :
Download and Extract
tar -xvf xdm-jre-32bit.tar.xz
tar -xvf xdm-jre-64bit.tar.xz
Run executable file xdm
Or, you can double click xdm, it will launch xdm web browser integration
Method 2 :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xdman