Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr : Video Review and Screenshot Tour
Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr is an official derivative of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, released with many improvement and updates. Come with LTS (Long Term Support) version Xubuntu 14.04 will be supported by xubuntu team and developer for 3 years. Without adding tons of new features, Xubuntu focuses on stability, simple, light and fully customizable.
Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr uses the Xfce desktop environment instead of Unity 7, so it works very well as a lightweight alternative to regular ubuntu desktop. On this release Xubuntu developers have introduced the new Whiskermenu a more modern menu with the ability to easily launch your favorite applications, as well as have a useful search bar and various customizations. You can also find the new Xfwm4 4.11 which includes support for Sync VBlank, Xfdesktop 4.11 and other updates.
These highlights of Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr:
- GTK Theme Config to customize your desktop theme colors
- Updated artwork, including various enhancements to themes as well as a new default wallpaper
- The panel layout is updated, and now uses Whiskermenu as the default menu
- Mugshot is included to allow you to easily edit your personal preferences
- Light Locker replaces xscreensaver for screen locking, a setting editing GUI is included
- MenuLibre for menu editing, with full Xfce support, replaces Alacarte
- A community wallpapers package, which includes work from the five winners of the wallpaper contest
You can read Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr release note at here
Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr Screenshot Tour:
Xubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr image are available as Torrents and direct downloads at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/14.04/release/