Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr Will Included GRUB 2.02
Colin Watson as Ubuntu Developer gained the Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr repos proposed version 2.02 of the Grub bootloader which comes with several improvements and developments.
GRUB version 2.02 was released by the free software foundation and includes several enhancements and new features like:
- Ports are added to U-Boot ARM and EFI
- A port is added to Xen PV
- A port is added to ARM64 EFI
- Support Coreboot CBFS
- Support for 64 bit file systems EXT2
- A new framework for the proc file system
- The LVM UUID is now used where possible
- Support for frame-buffer Coreboot
- Improved visualization of the terminal
- Improved TFTP support
- Support Yeeloong 3A
- Support for debug USB dongles
Well, Colin Watson gained the Ubuntu 14.04 repos Proposed new version of GRUB 2.02, the problem is that this version is still in Beta state, which is not very attractive implemented in a LTS version, although Watson hopes to get many feedbacks of tests to finally be part of Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty tahr at launch.