The new BeatBox music player released in version 0.7, come with new user interface enhancements and new features. The preferences window has been revamped to include preferences for plugins as well as a more robust UI for general settings. in addition, beatbox 0.7 also introduces plugin support with dedicated category. So, enabling or disabling a specific plugin is to be easily.
BeatBox media player is a comfortable, easy to use media player to player, stable, but especially fast, written in Vala . With Beatbox have the chance to play music in shuffle mode and cyclic edit the metadata of the tracks, perform quick searches within the library, edit playlists, view album art, playlists, podcasts, Internet radio, and synchronize your player with our account Last.FM.
Here’s New Change of Beatbox 0.7:
- Plugin support
- DB upgrading, which means no longer having to delete your db for new versions.
- Better last.fm authentication
- Smart auto scroll to current song
- Fixed issue where list view became horizontally scrolled unnecessarily
- Gapless playback
- Much faster startup
- Multi-library management. Podcasts now are a truly separate library with a separate folder associated it.
- More detail, found it @BeatBox Release Announcement
Install BeatBox 0.7 in Ubuntu Based Distro
To install BeatBox 0.7 in Ubuntu 12.04,ubuntu 12.10 and Linux Mint 13, you can add the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sgringwe/beatbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install beatbox
If you want to make BeatBox available in sound menu do the following tips, open terminal then install dconf-tool
sudo apt-get install dconf-tool
Open dconf-tool from unity dash, in dconf-tool navigate to com -> canonical -> indicator -> sound, double-click “Value” of interested-media-players then add ‘beatbox’ after ‘rhythmbox’.