Nvidia Linux Graphics Driver 304.51 has been Released
Nvidia Linux Graphics Driver 304.51 has been released yesterday. On this version comes with many bug fixes rather than new features or significant improvements. it stable version and available for download and offers support for the new models of GeForce GTX 6xx series, meaning GTX650 and GTX600
Highlights of Nvidia Linux Graphics Driver 304.51:
- Added support for the following GPUs:GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 650, GeForce GT 645M, GeForce GTX 670MX,GeForce GTX 675MX
- Added support for the new Quadro Sync board for Quadro Kepler GPUs. See the “Configuring Frame Lock and Genlock” chapter in the README for details.
- Fixed an X server crash on X.Org xserver 1.13 when it is compiled without support for DRI2.
- Fixed a regression that broke color controls on older X servers.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the display layout area of the nvidia-settings control panel to be laid out incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented panning from working correctly after a modeswitch on some X servers with support for cursor constraining.
- Gamma ramp and colormap adjustments now apply correctly when screen transformations such as rotation and keystone correction are in use.
- Fixed RandR per-CRTC gamma persistence across modeswitches and VT-switches.
- Fixed a bug that caused the X server to sometimes hang in response to input events.
- Fixed a reduction in rendering performance for core X11 rendering on certain GPUs that occurred in the 290.series of releases.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PowerMizer from working correctly on some boards with GDDR5 memory, such as some GeForce GT 240 SKUs.
- Fixed a bug that caused OpenGL applications to not animate properly when a rotation or a transformation was applied on some older X server versions.
- Enabled FXAA with Unified Back Buffers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the “Reset Hardware Defaults” button in the Display Settings page of nvidia-settings from being activated.
- More detail here
How to Install Nvidia Linux Graphics Driver 304.51 on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
There ara 3 methods to install Nvidia Linux Graphics Driver 304.51 on ubuntu or linux mint:
Method 1 : Using the nVIDIA installer
Download nVidia latest version then install it with following commands:
wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/304.51/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.51.run sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-304.51.run
Then follow the installation instructions, activate the new driver and restart your Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Method 2: X-Swat (stable branch) PPA
Add it the X-Swat (stable branch) PPA on your ubuntu / linux mint
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
Method 3: Using the automated script installation (nVIDIA Installer script)
nVIDIA Installer script created by ubuntuextreme, it allow to install Nvidia linux graphics driver by One-Click. This script works only with Ubuntu Based Distro
After download the tar.gz file just right click and extract it. double-click nvidia_installer.sh