Canonical release Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Alpha 2. Welcome to the Quantal Quetzal Alpha 2 image set, which will in time become the 12.10 release.
Pre-releases of Quantal Quetzal are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even frequent breakage. They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs as we work towards getting this release ready.
Alpha 2 is the second in a series of milestone images that will be released throughout the Quantal development cycle, in addition to our daily development images. The Alpha images are known to be reasonably free of showstopper CD build or installer bugs, while representing a very recent snapshot of Quantal. You can download them here:
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu Desktop, Server)
Additional images are also available at:
- http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu Server Cloud)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Kubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Edubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Lubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Xubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/quantal/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu Studio)
Alpha 2 includes a number of software updates that are ready for wider testing. This is an early set of images, so you should expect some bugs. For a more detailed description of the changes in the Alpha 2 release and the known bugs (which can save you the effort of reporting a duplicate bug, or help you find proven workarounds), please see:
If you’re interested in following the changes as we further develop Quantal, we suggest that you subscribe initially to the ubuntu-devel-announce list. This is a low-traffic list (a few posts a week) carrying announcements of approved specifications, policy changes, alpha releases, and other interesting events.