The New Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1 is Out. Ubuntu Tweak is a popular apps for customizing Ubuntu Desktop. The reason Ubuntu Tweak very popular tool among the desktop users because it allows them to configure or customize ubuntu desktop without any hassle (from a simple and easy to use graphical interface).
Now ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 provides a lot of options to customize a lot of things. the project has moved to Launchpad (open source project hosting platform, very popular for debian and Ubuntu related projects). Most important features of ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 is – theme options, admin options (for managing packages/applications), Janitor (for removing unwanted packages), login page and many more..
Here’s New Changes in Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1:
- Allow to enable “Compositing Manager” for Unity 2D, so you can get some desktop effects, drop-down shadow or window previews for the ALT+TAB switcher.
- Add or remove workspaces
- Enable / disable overlay scrollbars
- Show / hide a “Show Desktop” icon on the Unity launcher
- Locale support for the Quicklists Editor
- Bug fixed: window module now loads under Xubuntu and Lubuntu
- Bug fixed: Fix accessing Unity settings in Ubuntu 11.10 with Unity 2D
- Other bug fixes
Install Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
The latest version of ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 is ready to download and install in ubuntu 12.04 LTS precise pangolin and ubuntu 11.10 oneiric ocelot, download ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 @Launcpad
If you want to install ubuntu tweak 0.7.1 via ppa, you can add official PPA Ubuntu tweak with command below
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Screenshot Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1