Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Beta 2 Released With Unity 3D and Unity 2D
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise pangolin) final beta 2 has been released and announced by Ubuntu team, On this release included Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Cloud,Ubuntu Core products, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Mythbuntu and Ubuntu Studio also reached Beta 2
With Codenamed “Precise Pangolin”, Ubuntu 12.04 continues Ubuntu’s proud tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution. The team has been hard at work through this cycle, introducing a few new features but mostly fixing bugs
Here’s New changes of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precis Pangolin Beta 2
- Using kernel (3.2.0-20.33) which is base on the v3.2.12 upstream Linux kernel. Changes to the default kernel flavours have been made for 12.04 LTS.
- Updates to our new way to quickly search and access any desktop application’s and indicator’s menu, called the HUD, can be accessed by taping the Alt key and entering characters.
- With Unity 5.8
- Qt-based Ubuntu One desktop client
- Additional Application Quicklists
- New Multi-Monitor options
- New HUD animation
- Some updated apps from GNOME 3.4
- LibreOffice has been updated to 3.5.1.
- Ubuntu One has a new control panel to provides an installer, setup wizard, ability to add/remove folders to sync, and more
Watch video demo Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin Beta 2, this video credit by OMGubuntu
Download Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Beta 2
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Beta 2 images are oversized; you can use either a DVD or USB for installation instead of a CD