Monitorix is an free and open source system monitoring tool that allows users to monitor via web browser. Monitorix also monitoring services including CPU temp and load, Active processes, Allocated memory, Hard disk temp, Kernel usage, Network activity,Graphic Card temp and usage, and More.
Monitorix developed is based on the Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core distributions, so this project has been made keeping in mind these distributions.
Monitorix 2.5.0 has been release by Monitorix Developer,it available for major linux distributions ( Redhat, Fedora ,Centos, FreeBSd, Arch Linux, Gentoo, Debian Based Distribution,OpenSuse).
Here’s New Feature of Monitorix 2.5.0 :
- Added a complete statistical Fail2ban graph. (suggested by Andreas Itzchak Rehberg, izzy AT qumran.org)
- Added a complete statistical Lighttpd graph.
- Added full support for the Postfix MTA in the Mail statistics graph.
- Extended the number of information in the Mail statistics graph.
- Added support to monitor unlimited number of local or remote Apache servers.
- Added support to monitor unlimited number of local or remote MySQL servers.
- Added support for Dovecot 2.0 log format.
- Optimized a lot of code including more regular expressions.
- Replaced hardcoded graph titles with the strings in the configuration file.
- Modified the RedHat init script to let Monitorix create itself the pidfile. This should improve the support on modern Linux systems using ‘systemd’. (thanks to a IRC user called ‘dashbad’ for pointing this out)
- Improved the init script to be more LSB-compliant.
- Changed to the ‘-A’ parameter in ‘smartctl’ to avoid waking up disks when collecting their temperatures and health values. (thanks to Michael Perry, mike AT serensilver.co.uk)
- Fixed some titles in the list box of the main page.
- Fixed color overriding in the IMAP and POP3 services graph.
- Fixed the title in some graphs.
- Fixed a typo in the debug array name that prevented individual debug working properly.
- Fixed a typo in the configuration file. (thanks to a IRC user called ‘gangsterlicious’ for pointing this out)
- Fixed a bug in the Squid graph that prevented of being counted the Aborted clients.
- Fixed numbering in some graphs.
Install Monitorix in Ubuntu 12.04/Ubuntu 11.10/Linux Mint 12
Before install Monitorix package, install all package dependencies by typing following commands via terminal:
sudo apt-get install apache2 rrdtool libwww-perl libmailtools-perl libmime-lite-perl librrds-perl libdbi-perl cd /tmp && wget -O monitorix_2.5.0-izzy1_all.deb http://goo.gl/eLVcS sudo dpkg -i monitorix*.deb
Run Apache Server and Monitorix
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start sudo service monitorix start
Open web browser, on address bar type http://localhost/monitorix/
System load average and usage
Network traffic and usage