Cinnamon 1.4 has been released and announced by Cinnamon Development Team. Cinnamon 1.4 bring a few changes, the major change in this release is a new hot corner behavior which can now use either workspace selection (like Compiz “Expo”) or window selection (like Compiz “Scale”).
In expo mode, you can add or remove workspaces and when you hover a workspace, the windows are arranged like in the overview so you can see all available windows (which you can drag onto another workspace, etc.). Also, the hot corner position can now be changed.
Here’s New changes of Cinnamon 1.4:
- A new Cinnamon Settings panel applet which lets you restart Cinnamon, start Looking Glass, restore all settings to default, quickly access panel settings, and so on (see screenshot above)
- Panel edit mode.
- Option to only use workspaces on primary monitor
- Cinnamon menu editor (forked from alacarte)
- Improved support for RTL languages
- Added ‘Visible on all workspaces’ and “Move to workspace” to the window list
- Favourites improvements (you can add an application to the favourites by drag and drop, etc.)
- Many bug fixes
Watch video demo of Cinnamon 1.4:
Install Cinnamon on Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 11.10
Add ppa Cinnamon and install on ypur ubuntu using the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon
If you are using other Linux distributions, see tutorial how to install cinnamon @Cinnamon download page.