Minitube 1.7 : Youtube Desktop Apps – Let’s Watch YouTube Videos in a New Way
Minitube is a YouTube desktop apps. with Minitube you can watch YouTube videos in a new way, just type video keywords that you want to watch in the Minitube search box, Minitube will gives you an endless video stream.
Minitube interface is not clones of the original YouTube web interface. but aims to create a new TV-like experience.
What New Features of Minitube 1.7 ?
Here is the latest features of minitube 1.7:
- Other minor enhancements include a window “Float on Top” option and the ability to skip to the previous video (with keyboard shortcut)
- Especially for the Mac OS, Minitube come with visual style to be more pleasant and feel more native. Now the app doesn’t quit on window close and minimizes on Command+M. The seek bar and volume slider sport a new style and the search box is the rounded, native one.
- Another much requested feature is a “Manually start playing” option. It allows you to pick the right video before starting playback and to try other searches without interrupting the current video.
- Clickable usernames in the playlist, so you can start watching the video author’s channel with a click.
- The “Stop after this video” option can be useful in many situations, I use it with my kid so I can pretend that the cartoons are over.
Installing minitube 1.7 in ubuntu via PPA
Actually, Minitube is available in Ubuntu’s universe repository by default, but it’s old version. The latest version is 1.7. LffL Minitube PPA contains packages of the latest version of Minitube for Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04 LTS . To install it minitube 1.7, run command below in terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/minitube sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install minitube
Enjoy with Minitube 1.7