iOS jailbreaking is a process that remove limitations imposed by Applet on its iOS devices, through custom kernels. Jailbreaking is required if you want to install software without the App Store.
Install Absinthe 0.3 in Ubuntu 11.1O
Before install Absinthe 0.3 for linux, install it first library dependencies “libimobildevice”. you can install via PPA add this ppa:pmcenery/ppa, in terminal run this command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice-utils
Download Absinthe 0.3 for linux from this page, or run command below absinthe 0.3 will be download automaticly.
wget http://cache.greenpois0n.com/dl/absinthe-linux-0.3.tar.gz tar -zxvf absinthe-linux-0.3.tar.gz
Change to directory absinthe-linux, run via comand line or doubleclick absinthe.x86
How to jailbrake Jailbreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S using Absinthe 0.3 on Ubuntu
- If you haven’t already, install the libimobiledevice package on your Linux distribution. This will allow Linux to talk to your iPad 2, iPhone 4S, and other iOS devices.Installing this package is fairly easy. I’m on Ubuntu, and all I did was the following:
- In terminal type: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa
- accept any warnings and install.
- Next type: sudo apt-get update
- Visit the Ubuntu software center and search for libimobiledevice, and install libimobiledevice-utils. It might then ask you to reboot. Do so, and upon reboot Linux should recognize your device.
- Download Absinthe v0.3 from our downloads page, and unpack on your desktop.
- If you’re on a x86 machine double click absinthe.x86, if you’re on a 64-bit machine (likely) double click absinthe.x86_64 to run Absinthe.
- Ensure that your device is powered on, and that Absinthe detects your device, then click button Jailbreak
- Let Absinthe finish the entire process, no user intervention is needed until then end. Once the loading bar is complete, find the Absinthe icon on your iDevice’s Home screen, and launch it to complete the jailbreak.
- Once your device reboots, you should see the Cydia icon on your desktop.