Install Icon Theme AwOken Icon Set 2.3 on ubuntu 11.10
a few days ago the Creator and Developer alecive has release Awoken icon theme Awoken Icon Set 2.3. Awoken Icon is a beautiful Icon Themes Gnome present the various colors and unique design.
In this new version of the awoken icon comes with a few changes of which are fully supports Unity and Gnome-Shell Ubuntu, the Complete revision of toolbar icons for gedit, New LibreOffice Icons and Improved customization script.
In the latest release awoken Icon provides a choice of three different iconset include: Awoken, AwOkenDark, and AwOkenWhite
How to Install Icon Theme AwOken Icon Set 2.3 on ubuntu 11.10
Install AwOken Icon Set 2.3 via PPA:
in ubuntu 11.10 you can add the PPA awoken icon Theme, copy and run the command below in terminal
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alecive/antigone sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install awoken-icon-theme
How to Install AwOken Icon Set 2.3 Manualy:
- Download the tarbal archive file from devianArt page Click here
- Extract the tarbal archive, enter in the directory called AwOken 2.3, and extract also those two archives.
- Move the folders called AwOken and AwOkenDark in your .icons folder
- Type in a terminal window:
- cd .icons
- sudo cp -p AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOken/awoken-icon-theme-customization-clear /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOkenDark/awoken-icon-theme-customization-dark /usr/bin
- sudo cp -p AwOkenWhite/awoken-icon-theme-customization-white /usr/bin
Screenshot AwOken Icon
How to Costumize Icon Theme AwOken icon set 2.3
- To customize the icon theme AwOken Icon, run the following command in a terminal awoken-icon-theme-customization, or
- Press Combination key ALT+F2 type awoken-icon-theme-customization
- Then follow the instructions.
How To change Awoken icon became the default icon theme on Gnome Shell or Unity
There are two ways to change the default icon being Awoken icon theme on Gnome Shell or Unity:
- Using Gnome Theme Selector ( Gnome tweak Tool), Press ALT-F2 type gnome-tweak-tool select theme > select AwoKen
- Using Dconf Editor, Press ALt-F dconf-editor > navigate to org > gnome > desktop > interface and manually enter the icon theme name under “icon-theme” (you can find the exact theme name by going to ~/.icons/ folder)