Backtrack 5 (CodeName: Revolution): Based upon Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Who does not know the operating system penetration of this one, it is backtrack. a few months ago, the official website backtrack has announced the release of backtrack 5 with the code name “Revolution”. on this release Backtrack 5 based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS Kernel 2.6.38, patched with all relevant wireless injection patches. Fully open source and GPL compliant, support for 32bit and 64bit Architecture
Highlights of backtrack 5 revolution :
- Available for download via torrents. This is to reduce the huge burden on our mirrors for the first few hours.
- As time went into the release, allow direct download from mirrors backtrack
- Equipped with advanced tool penetration
- Support KDE (4.6) and Gnome (2.6) Desktop environment taste
- Support 32bit and 64bit Architecture
- A basic ARM BackTrack image which can be chrooted into from android enabled devices.
- For architecture 32 Bit and 64 Bit images support “Forensics Mode”, which boots a forensically sound instance of BackTrack and “Stealth mode”, which boots without generating network traffic.
- Most impressive Metasploit 3.7.0 packaged into BT5.
Existing BackTrack 4 users should definitely upgrade to this new version, especially because starting with May 10th, 2011, BackTrack 4 is no longer supported.
Download Backtrack 5 Revolution | Download